Here's Big Ben

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sumterdad

sumterdad

Ok so this is my first attempt at a cigar type pen. I think all in all it turn out quit nicely. It is matched with a afzelia africana wood. Thanks in advance for your comments and helpful tips.

Attachments

• 100_0953.jpg
    100_0953.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 100_0954.jpg
    100_0954.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

animefan

Really nice job for your first attempt. On your next cigar don't forget to roll the upper edge of the lower barrel.

sumterdad

Really nice job for your first attempt. On your next cigar don't forget to roll the upper edge of the lower barrel.

Ok this is why I am glad to be on this forum. You just keep learning things. So I will ask you what is it you are talking about by roll the upper edge of lower barrel. Never heard that before.

RogerH

Hey Chris; looks like you did a really nice job. Good choice on the blank too, very nice figure.

I like turning cigars because they don't cost an arm and a leg, and they give you some versatility in terms of making the profile fat or more slender. Nice pen to write with too.

Keep up the good work. Thx for sharing. BTW, I'm waiting for the answer on what "rolling the edge on the upper barrel" is too. We will learn together-a great part of this site !

Roger

Bobalu

I think what Animefan was referring to is that the exposed band on the coupling has a round contour, not a flat edge. By rounding off your blank where it meets the coupling you get a more eased, natural looking transition. Certainly an optional thing. The clip end of a Sierra is very similar.

BTW -- Very nice looking pen. I like the wood you chose.

Top Bottom