Here are my first Rollerballs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KKingery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKingery

These are my first 2 rollerballs. The lower pen, is made from BOW, and the upper pen is made from Chechen Burl. These are also the forst 2 pens that I used MM on during the sanding process. I think it helped.

20052533648_Rollerballs.jpg

20052533713_Rollerbals%20Uncapped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KKingery

Doug - these were actually pretty easy, except that on the 2nd one, I made a few adjustments to the assembly directions. I had a heck of a time on the first one getting the white cone that goes in the upper barrel installed. It screws onto the piece which holds the cap. I could'nt find a good fitting screwdriver. So on the 2nd one, I screwed it to the piece first, then pressed it in. It was a whole lot easier. - I'll be starting my first cigar pen tomorrow. I figured it was time to branch out from the old slimline.

G

They look good.
In the picture on the BOW it looks as though there is a"light colored ring" just above the CBor is that my monitor?A tip for taking flash pictures that another turner told me was to tape a couple of pieces of wax paper over the the flash to cut down on the glare.
I found it doesn't eliminate it but it helps.

KKingery

Good eye Eagle - you found the only area I was'nt too happy with. It's not really grey though. My parting and sanding left the edge a tad bit rounded instead of flush square. All in all, for my first rollerball, I am pleased.

wicook

Hi Ken,

I like the pens! I've turned four BOW pens now (2 cigars, 1 Euro, and 1 slimline). It's such a great wood to work with -- both beautiful and easy to work...and to think that as a friend from the Middle East says, "It only grows on white, rock-hard soil...and you have to water it once in a while." A very hardy breed indeed. [:)]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I've posted this before, but save the chips and dust. Run your fingers through it after working with all of the finish products we use and your significant other will thank you!

Randy_

Ken:

Could you resize those pictures to about 600 pixels wide, please. It would make them and the messages easier for everyone to view.

Note how on page one you have to scroll left and right to see the full picture and the messages......thats due to the picture being too big. Note that the problem doesn't exist on page two because there is no picture. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom