And here I was

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

Andrew brought me a package from the shop yesterday from some one named Hillbilly Jones. I opened the envelope and there was a pen box inside, so I gingerly opened the box, and there I was walking down Haight St headed into the park where I could see all these beautiful colors of music coming from there were some beautiful electric green sounds (obviously from a Guitar) and a bunch of orange and red sounds from a bass, then vcame these gorgeous purple patterns from some guy singing , and as luck would have it my wife said "Are you having another flash back", ooops I guess I was, but there was a definite reason for it though and here it is, This is now officially The Wildest Pen in my collection, This Hillbilly Jones guy is a heck of a good turner, the fit is near perfect, there is no feeling any transition between the hardware and the blank at any point and the finish is excellent. Thanks Mr. Jones...this is a wonderful surprise and will be a treasured gift, along with my Space Your Face shirt, they do go well together don't they.:peace::peace::peace:

Don't tell any body, but I think this Hillbilly Jones is really Ernie Borraga..:eek::confused::biggrin:

Attachments

• Pen-From-Ernie-3.jpg
    Pen-From-Ernie-3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 288
  • Pen-from-Ernie-1.jpg
    Pen-from-Ernie-1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 181
  • Pen-from-Ernie-2.jpg
    Pen-from-Ernie-2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

I really think it's one of the wildest blanks I've sen, I remember seeing some like this from Ed several years ago, but this is just so awesome.
It was addressed to Maple Woodturning Attn. Hippie. My wife thought it was fantastic, and I have to agree.

Lenny

:biggrin:
I really think it's one of the wildest blanks I've sen, I remember seeing some like this from Ed several years ago, but this is just so awesome.
It was addressed to Maple Woodturning Attn. Hippie. My wife thought it was fantastic, and I have to agree.

and because it IS fantastic and not JUST because it's ALWAYS a good idea to agree with your wife!!!

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey Ken, If memory serves me correct, it is one of Ed's blanks. Possibly called Tootie Fruittie????? I've had that thing ready to turn for quite a while. And can tell you I never thought it would look that good when I saw the blank.

hughbie

a couple of years ago, i purchased one of those rainbow blanks from Ed as well. i still haven't done anything with it and now seeing what it looks like when done....well, my mind is starting to go with the flow again....thanks

Top Bottom