Here is the $115 job I poted about earlier,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

stevers

Hi All,
A month or so ago I posted in Causal Conver about a request from an internet customer. He asked for a fountain pen with a black plastic nib (for grip reasons) and made with a blank he saw on my site. The blank was a one off, so I recreated it and came up with this.
As soon as I get final payment, it goes in the mail. I took a $40 deposit from him. Keeping my fingers crossed,,,,,,actually, I'm pretty confident. He and I went through a lot of trouble to get the color right. Several E-mail exchanges later, we came to an agreement.
What do ya think? Did he and I make a good deal?

Attachments

• alex.JPG
    alex.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 473
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm sure Alex will love it. The price seems to be a little bit of a bargain as it sounds like you had to mix a few before he was happy with the colour?:cool:

stevers

I'm sure Alex will love it. The price seems to be a little bit of a bargain as it sounds like you had to mix a few before he was happy with the colour?:cool:

Kinda what I was thinkin Steven. I think he'll like it. He sent the rest of the money and told me to keep the refills. He uses his preferred type of ink for filling. So he must know something about fountain pens.

This may just be my ticket to a new chuck. Been thinking about it lately. Recently picked up the Bealle set up. Now thinking a jaw chuck. We'll see.

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
"Here is the $115 job I poted about earlier,"

OK Steve, I guess you meant posted and not pouted.:biggrin: Though maybe you were pouting when you had to keep casting blanks to get the right color, but just think of all the extra blanks you have now.:biggrin:

Again, nice pen and nice sell. And yes, chucks are nice they really increase the things you can do on the lathe.

Top Bottom