Herbie Roman Harvest fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lenny

Lenny

Some of you will remember the "Herbie" wood donated by Dan Horrowitz (witz1976) as part of the IAP fundraiser. Bidders were very generous and it brought in quite a bit of money for the IAP.
The generousity did not end there however! :)
A few days after Ernie Borraga (EBorraga) won the initial auction for 3 Herbie blanks, I received a package in my mailbox. Inside was this piece of New England's oldest Elm tree and with it a note saying Herbie didn't like Hillbilly country.:eek::wink: :):) Yeah, I don't believe it either ... As long as there are guys like Ernie there, it can't be too bad! :biggrin:

Thanks Ernie, I hope I did it justice!

The wood was "OLD" and I should have used more caution initially turning it ....:eek: .... lets just say that You CAN build up thickness with CA glue! :wink::rolleyes::)

For more on The Herbie Project ....
http://www.yarmouthcommunityservices.org/herbie/index.html

Attachments

• Herbie1.jpg
    Herbie1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 459
  • Herbie2.jpg
    Herbie2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,050
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Absolutely beautiful pen Lenny! Looks great to me! Great fit and finish. Gorgeous photography. Thanks so much for showing. Doc

witz1976

Great job with the wood Lenny. Amazing how light it is huh. Not sure how much build up with CA ya did, because I really can't tell.

Thanks again Ernie for the bidding and clearly the generosity of passing the wood along to other members!!

Lenny

Absolutely beautiful pen Lenny! Looks great to me! Great fit and finish. Gorgeous photography. Thanks so much for showing. Doc

Thanks Doc!

Truth is, lately I can't get a good photo ... ever since I dropped the camera on the concrete ... just a coincidence maybe? :eek::rolleyes:

I think a new camera will be on my list once a get selling a few pens again.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks good from here dude. Like I told you, it's to hot down here, and way to many rednecks for that piece of wood to hang around. Besides people kept making fun of it. They said it talked with some crazy accent. But the final straw was when it went messin with my wicked chickens:wink:.

Lenny

The first picture really isn't accurate ... it almost looks like it has a smear on it ...:confused::eek:

maybe this is slightly better ....

Attachments

• Herbie3.jpg
    Herbie3.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 300

wizard

The first picture really isn't accurate ... it almost looks like it has a smear on it ...:confused::eek:

That does look better. I think its more in focus. Don't redo the other one.
It's great! Regards, Doc

PenMan1

Lenny:
I love the wood, the historical significance and the finish you put on it. But, perhaps my favorite thing is how you got rid of that awful black ring on the Cambridge Ultra's centerband.

Very well done, my friend.

Lenny

That does look better. I think its more in focus. Don't redo the other one.
It's great! Regards, Doc

I think the focus on my camera is off since gravity and concrete worked their magic. Some of the photos don't look too bad but when I zoom in to 100%, I can tell it's out of focus. But then it could be the cheap tripod I use I suppose.:)

Andy, That is the Timberbits version, the Roman Harvest. I did notice the threading issue Doc had mentioned in a previous thread. If they fix that minor issue I think this set of components will be a winner.

Lenny

Thanks for the comments!

It was mentioned in another thread a while back that when matching up blanks to components one rule of thought is to use an ornate kit with a plain blank and vice-versa. I thought that was good advice for this pen. I don't remember WHO exactly said that ... but Thanks! :)

Top Bottom