Help on my first FP...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from penhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Finally got my first Baron FP (almost) together..but I have [extra] parts...ok..actually..I just don't know where/how they go.

Help..!

Thanks,
JohnPayton

200512833815_blk-wht_baronfp.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Very snazzy first FP. Really came out nice. He should not be disapointed at all!

Keep the ink cartridge and put the converter in the pen. He will know what to do with it.

You on the other hand..... Well..... It is not an enima!

Oh forgot this, DON'T ink the fountain pen before you sell it. No one wants to buy a used pen. The owner allways wants to be the first to ink it! Just another wierd quirk us fountain pen people have.

Good job.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks guys, but being a little slow on the uptake here, I will say that I know what the disposable ink cartridge is...its the one with ink in it..?? and -just for my own knowledge-when the pen gets inked does just the cartridge with ink go in the pen..or does both of those pieces then go into the pen...

...and what is that second piece for..the one with the clear tube..presuming that black piece stays attached to the clear tube..and what is it used for...where does it go...

...sorry, but can you tell this is the first FP I've made..[:I]

Thanks again for all,
Johnpayton

bajacrazy

Great looking pen John! [8D] I have some Baron FP haven't done anything with them yet. I was wondering the same thing. I'm waiting for the same answer you are.[:I]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
John,

The clear tube is used in place of the ink cartridge if the owner wants to use bottled ink. I have had occasional problems with them developing a "vapor lock" and not letting down ink as well as the cartridge. Some companies, I think Berea does, sell a premium converter instead of the one you have. I assume they do a better job; I have never used them. I hope this helps. WARNING: once you start writing with a good fountain pen, you will be hooked.

jkirkb94

Great looking pen, John! You also should be able to buy more of those disposable cartridges at Office Depot or Staples. I don't know about bottles of ink that you use with the refillable cartridge though. Kirk[8D]

PenWorks

John, When I make FP to sell. Most don't come with the converter (that's the thingy with the screw)
You just want to throw in the ink cartridge in the pen body so it is there. You do not want to attach it to the nib and puncture the ink and ink the pen. It is really nice the Baron comes with both.

Your client sounds like he has several fountain pens allready. So no doubt, he will have bottle ink to fill the converter. If you put the pen in a box, you might want to throw the ink cartridge in the box, just in case.

There are several ways to fill yuur converter. You can press it into the nib holder and stick the nib in a bottle of ink and suck up the ink into the converter by turning the plunger. I take the converter out of the nib holder and stick the converter into the ink well and suck up the ink, this way you don't get ink all over your pen, just your fingers!

If you make one for yourself, go buy some Private Reserve bottle ink, you will love it.

Anthony

Scott

Hi John,

Nice pen! It sounds like you have all your questions answered. Good!

Anthony - So, which of the Private Reserve inks do you like the best? My favorite is Tanzanite!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom