Hello and my first pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Doghouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doghouse

Hello all, I am just starting out turning and have been using pens to learn. Here is a picture of my first pens.
pens.jpg

They are black walnut, black walnut and mahogany, and purple heart. Nice to find this forum, I am looking forward to learning a few things and sharing ideas.

I have been starting to turn some of the spalted maple I collected from a tree in the back yard. I have been using CA to harden it up as I turn. I cannot afford to build a vacuum to stabilize it so...

If anyone is interested in walnut or pecan for turning, I am willing to trade some wood as I have 2 large trees (30"X15') to cut down and looking to increase my variety. I know this is the wrong section for the swaps, but figured 1 hello post to start the ball rolling.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, John. Couple other possible options for stabilizing have been described on this forum. Search for nelsonite or acetone and you'll find some ideas. Spalted Pecan can make a beautiful pen.

Daniel

Welcome John,
I am enjoying the photo of your pens. Nice work you strike me as one that will be looking for a challenge soon. you will run across a couple of them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom