Hello All

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Malainse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malainse

Hello every one... A new turner here from West Michigan. I was in a motorcycle crash and had to take up a new hobby.... So this is week one of ever turning on a lathe. I have learned so much from all of you on this site. Ahhh I should not have started this, is too much fun...

Mitch

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Mitch, clearly you weren't paying attention. Had you been, you would have realized not to start down the road of this addiction. [:D] Looks like you're doing very well - much better than I did on my first several pens!

gerryr

Welcome to the IAP. Your first pens look very good, much better than mine. Hop over to the photography forum and so a search on lighting. It looks like your white balance is off.

Malainse

I did not read that section yet...[:I] Might cut into my turning time.....[;)]

Originally posted by gerryr
<br /> Hop over to the photography forum and so a search on lighting. It looks like your white balance is off.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Malainse
<br />I did not read that section yet...[:I] Might cut into my turning time.....[;)]

Originally posted by gerryr
<br /> Hop over to the photography forum and so a search on lighting. It looks like your white balance is off.

Cheer up, I've been here nearly two years and my pics are still terrible. Keep on turning, get a thick skin about picture-taking skills.

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!

GBusardo

Welcome to pen turning and the IAP! You'll have fun and bang your head agains the wall at the same time [:D] Has anyone said to you " you MADE this???" yet? It's a kick.
Your pens look real good, keep up the good work. Don't sweat the pictures, they'll improve as will your pen turning. The hard part is not to beat yourself up after seeing some of the peoples' work here. I am constantly saying to myself, "How does he/she get the finish so freaken perfect"!!

saftrep

Let see, More pen kits!, ebay has pen blanks, I've got to have that burl!, too good to pass up, MORE pen kits!!!! more blanks!!! I've got to try that technique!!!!! MORE PEN KITS!!!! uhhh - ahemmm - sorry about that - lost if for a minute.

Great Pens - good job on all. You'll learn a lot here. I know I have.

David

Malainse

Originally posted by ken69912001
<br />Is that cigar in olive? Great looking pens.

Spalted Maple, I picked up a 8" x 1" x 8 foot at a garage sale for 3 bucks, yes I typed $3.00........3/4 of it is very good and will make some nice pens....

Saftrap, Oh yes, UPS guy has been my friend....

redfishsc

Originally posted by Malainse
<br />I did not read that section yet...[:I] Might cut into my turning time.....[;)]

Hey, folks-- he GETS IT!

They look great!

Suggestions? I dunno.... how about... make some more pens?

By the way, since you were a motorcyclist, perhaps you have an interest in leather. Just know that you can glue up leather and turn it into a pen. Get yourself a nice chrome cigar pen kit from www.woodturningz.com and make yourself a hawg pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom