A "Hell-A-Va" pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bpgoldo

bpgoldo

What do you get when you take a stick of Inlace "black blaze", cut it and rotate it 90 degrees to it's natural orientation....band and bond it to a piece of "Orange Spiny" from Exotic....and turn it to fit the contours of a Pen State "Concava" kit? Well, this is what happens. Got exactly what I was after, and ever since been I've trying to figure out what I can do to push these materials and make it better. It's one of those that many saw and picked up...but was too much of a statement for them to buy. And then.....one person saw it and it was sold in a flash. Love them flashes.

Attachments

• CONCAVA-HELL FIRE  108 kb.jpg
    CONCAVA-HELL FIRE 108 kb.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 323

magpens

That's really cool !!!!! . Very nice indeed !!!!

I don't see the "Orange Spiny" for sale at Exotics at the present time. Did you buy a while ago ?

Also, is there a third blank involved in your design ? . Looks like there is a thin slice of black (could it be Tru-stone) between the Orange Spiny and the Black Blaze ?
Or maybe the Black Blaze has a black surface.

Last edited:

bpgoldo

Mal, seems like a lot of the depth in the "Tru Stone" line went away. Bought that Orange Spiny about four years ago. Haven't found much to do with it. The black banding is as you noted also Tru Stone Black w/ white web. Love the way the fine lines enhance the detail.

Top Bottom