Hedging towards victorian punk?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jjartwood

Jjartwood

As soon as I saw this pen platform this is kind of what I thought of,I keep telling myself to move on from this style pen but I keep getting drawn back in
when I see something that might look cool with this type embellishment.
I guess it's a case of too much Jimi Hendrix and not enough Picasso.
Single tube...quick and easy,I just hope when the shows start someone besides me likes them.
C&C if you want ( I'm always open to my opinion):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul in OKC

Nice, I love this style. One more thing to try down the road that is already full of things to do, but........Very nice, just don't care for the pen kit it's on.

Joe S.

I like the blank! The kit looks a little too clean and polished to match it, but the shape is still a nice compliment.

Last edited:
The only thing that draws away from your theme is the gold. Maybe the stainless steel from Lazerlinez would have been just awesome and removed the gold and made it not quite so shinny. Love the blank and the kit isn't bad mind you.

RichF

I have to agree with some of the other comments about the kit. The yellow gold on the kits doesn't seem to match well with the wonderful blank you made. Otherwise, you have a winner.

Jjartwood

I thought about banging up the kit to ugly it up a little and I'm leaning more and more in that direction,but it is a pretty kit I guess once I get used to looking at it, I'll distress the
finish.
The gold on these kits wears fairly quickly and I am counting on that to give the "look"
but I may have to help it along.
Mark

Hey Mark you know it is bad when a top of the line kit draws from what is truly a work of art. It is tough you almost cannot win in this one. An Atrax inspired kit with a singe barrel would be cool with this one too but there is no such beast.

Last edited:

PenPal

Mark, Once a night etc once a King always a King.

Now what have you got what have you done well to me this pen is not a monster or pretender
it is the real thing ie an individual creation I like better than many of your previous pens.

Why well it is understated the combination of yellows, copper and gun metal cast a spell on me. The pic could be called disruptive however I spent a time wandering in and out running up and down the ladder supported by the distracting gear which by the way appears to support the pen from falling over the flat sitting gear ads to the overall dimension so great it forms a purpose sets the scene so to speak. Great use of a kit after all we use kits for our own ends not to advertise a manufacturer rather a means to an end result, this you did. Thank you for the three views indeed it is full of surprises, not obvious at first indeed intriguing to all of my sensibilities what I look for in a pen.

Get a lovely feeling for the final result one of imagination, the use of materials because in fact the whole pen feels good, looks great should be beaut to hold and use will always bring gasps of admiration and respect.

You have a good feeling for the unusual in this pen tasteful and special it has impact.

Kind regards Peter.

Kretzky

Great Pen... Very nicely done, but I agree with other posters that the shiny gold 'detracts' from your 'industrial' look.
As a matter of interest, what's the background (ie the copper/ aluminum foil?) is that something you make yourself or is it a purchased item?

Sataro

Very nice looking pen! I feel sort of like the others, that the gold distracts from it.

Top Bottom