Haven't posted in a while...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

...first, because I couldn't get on the site for some reason (it magically came back about three weeks later), also because I've been fighting a cold my grandchildren gave me for Christmas (the gift that keeps on giving). These are three I finished today -- Asian pink coral (Truestone), red and black ebonite, and Pink Ivory inlaid with Leopardwood.

Thanks for looking.
Doug

Attachments

• asiancoral.jpg
    asiancoral.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 156
  • redblackebonite.jpg
    redblackebonite.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 160
  • pinkivoryleopardwood.jpg
    pinkivoryleopardwood.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 169
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I'm seeing some fine turningz here!

Really liking that Leopardwood inlay:smile-big: And I like your putting the clips on the closed end the way your are doing it.

Scott (gotta start doing that too) B

Robert111

I'd like to know a lot more about how you did the pink ivory/leapoardwood blank. That's REALLY beautiful. Of course all the pens are very impressive works of art, in my opinion. Kitless pens always impress the hell out of me.

wizard

Gorgeous !

Doug, That is an Absolutely Beautiful Trio !!! Your inlays are incredible!!! You should turn after a cold more often.:wink:. Regards, Doc

dgscott

I'd like to know a lot more about how you did the pink ivory/leopardwood blank.

The pockets are cut with a CNC mill, then I cut over sized strips to inset. The strips are set in with epoxy then the whole thing turned. The trick is doing it so you don't weaken the wall of the barrel (which is only about 1mm thick). Typically, my pockets are about 0.5 mm.

Thanks for asking!
Doug

Top Bottom