Harley. Live to Ride, Ride to live

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marko50

Marko50

I've been working on this for a few weeks now. Had about a half dozen fails with bonding issues. Almost threw in the towel and then I had one more idea. It worked! This is cast in Alumilite. The background material is copper and aluminum. The Harley medallion is plated copper, which is where the bonding issues took place. C&C welcomed.

Attachments

• Harley1a.jpg
    Harley1a.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 361
  • Harley2a.jpg
    Harley2a.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Harley3a.jpg
    Harley3a.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 284
  • Harley4a.jpg
    Harley4a.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

That is a beautiful pen and I think it would look great with this wrapped around it heading down the highway in the pocket of the guy on top. I also noticed that you just live down the road from me so just let me know when to swing by and pick it up.

Attachments

• Harley x.jpg
    Harley x.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 102

elkhorn

Marko, great job! The blank is awesome and the fit and finish is spot on.

Keep up the great work.

John

ALA

Great job! I've been thinking about doing Harley pen but that's way beyond my talent. Oh, I ride a SG too.

OZturner

Mark, So pleased that you persevered, with that Blank, It's Beautiful.
Great Blank, Ideal Pen.

Where is it's Chain?

You will really need to Chain it down.
To stop it Driving down the road with an Unknown Owner.
Excellent Fit, Ideal Finish,
Another Top Drawer Idea, and Execution.
Brian.

Boz

I am getting on my FLH next week and heading to Daytona for Bike Week. Would be happy to take it along and show it around. As one mentioned THE motor company gets all sideways if you use their marks and logos and don't pay for the license. Good looking none the less.

Si90

That is really nice. Great choice of background for the Harley emblem. Pity you didn't enter it in the bash, I think it would have done very well.

Marko50

That is really nice. Great choice of background for the Harley emblem. Pity you didn't enter it in the bash, I think it would have done very well.

I was working feverishly trying to get it right, but alas, the cutoff came and went. I did enter another pen though.

And for those reminding me about the trademark issues… If you look closely on the third picture, left to right, the Harley "®" registered trademark is visible just to the right of the word "Cycles". I know they guard their name vigorously and rightly so. The medallion is meant to be attached to things, i.e., hiking sticks, baseball bats, billy clubs, thug sticks….and maybe even a pen!

Top Bottom