Harley Davidson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

Please don't mention these to the Harley people.

Pens - 12-28-10 Buckeye Cigar - Harley 2.jpg

Pens - 12-28-10 Buckeye Cigar - Harley Backside.jpg

Pens - 12-28-10 Buckeye Cigar - Harley.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Very nice! Still using printer paper for decals?
This one was decal paper and it still took 24 coats of BLO/CA to cover it.

Heh, heh, cannot win. :party:

Good LORD! I just do not have that kind of dedication. My hat's off to you. My decals usually have a raised surface. I just try to make it a non-offensive surface. I've been advised to try using my skew to flatten the surface a bit and then add more CA until level. The dry rub-on transfers I did didn't add any surface at all. Very thin material.

ctubbs

John, that is one very nice pen. Congratulations. Have you tried the plexatone stuff? I have some soaking now.
Charels

dexter0606

John
24 coats! Have you tried the CA / accelerator method. That's what I'm using now. I do 4 or 5 coats of medium CA, wet MM and then maybe 1 or 2 more coats followed by MM and polish.
I was using BLO when I first started on my decal pens but have noticed that the white acrylic pens yellowed after time. I'm blaming the BLO

Jgrden

John
24 coats! Have you tried the CA / accelerator method. That's what I'm using now. I do 4 or 5 coats of medium CA, wet MM and then maybe 1 or 2 more coats followed by MM and polish.
I was using BLO when I first started on my decal pens but have noticed that the white acrylic pens yellowed after time. I'm blaming the BLO
That is worth a try. Thank you.

Top Bottom