Hardwood Floor Ipe Aero!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Here is a pen I made out of a simple IPE hardwood floor plank. It is a gift for my boss, IPE is my favorite hardwood floor it is so dense and take a finish beautifully.

I have gone with the usual 20 coats of med with lots of sanding, I was in a hurry and I finished that one in 35 minutes. I added two coats of Renaissance Wax on top and let it dry then buffed it and it gave it a nice feel and higher gloss. ;)

Thanks for looking and clicky the thumbnail! Martin if your reading this I decided to go with a color picture this time. ;)

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Charles, I have been watching your work for a bit and even your "simple IPE pen" is outstanding. I think it was Curtis that made the cat poop pen more or less as a joke, but the way you make your pens, even one of those form your studio would be beautiful. Your work is always inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
the other Charles

Last edited:

drgoretex

Beautiful pen! Heh...I have a rather large stack of walnut scrap to turn into pens, dishes, pen rests, etc, etc, in my garage from when we had our floor done last year.

Ken

CharlesH

ctubbs said:
Charles, I have been watching your work for a bit and even your "simple IPE pen" is outstanding. I think it was Curtis that made the cat poop pen more or less as a joke, but the way you make your pens, even one of those form your studio would be beautiful. Your work is always inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
the other Charles

Thank you Charles, I turn for pretty wood and to inspire! Comment like this keep my bar high! ;-)

C

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2.

CharlesH

drgoretex said:
Beautiful pen! Heh...I have a rather large stack of walnut scrap to turn into pens, dishes, pen rests, etc, etc, in my garage from when we had our floor done last year.

Ken

Hey Ken,

Walnut is awesome as it ages it gets blonder, the grain in a rustic grade is my favorite.

C

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2.

Top Bottom