Happy Kid Round 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from opus

Status
Not open for further replies.

opus

Here's tonights project, my other step daughter got to make her pencil as promised. Again she did most of the work herself and can hardly wait to show it off in school.
Thanks for letting me gloat!! :D

200512034428_Sam%20pencil.jpg

20051203458_Sams%20Pencil.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

daledut

Is it my imagination or does her pencil look better than yours.[:p] Just kidding. What a great show and tell object.... do they still do show and tell in this century[^]? That is a nice looking pencil.

Travlr7

Both of these young ladies have done very nice work.[8D]

Next thing you know, they'll both want their own lathe![:D]

Ya got to hook um early. Good work. As I told someone else, the time you spend with your kids is PRICELESS. It gives you memories that last forever.[:)]

Bruce[;)]

PenWorks

Congrats to your step daughter, she does nice work, I'm sure she will be getting orders from the teachers real soon!

Anthony

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Man, I can't wait until my daughter is old enough... she is 6 now and want's Daddy to teach her to use all his tools.. she can't wait to start on the scroll saw and then learn to use the lathe...
Maybe this summer will be scroll saw time... let her cut the pieces for a small birdhouse or something...
But the lathe will definately wait a bit...
She loves spending time in the shop with me.. and has become a pretty good sander, and she already wants to keep the shop clean by sweeping up the sawdust and shavings.. can I ask for more.. LOL

bajacrazy

Excellent job, both of your daughters are ready for their own laths. They probably have already hinted as to what they want for Christmas this year. To bad your lath is going to be occupied until then.[:D][:D]

opus

Thanks guys,
I was a little concerned about her blank selection, that's not the easiest grain but she took her time and showed me up!
I am really happy they both wanted to try, they already are wanting to make the matching pens.
Tom, I was at a woodworking show where the local woodworking club had set up some scroll saws and had some pretty young kids (6-7 year olds) cutting Christmas ornaments, then painting them. They had close supervision, I was a little concerned but one of the instructors explained how a scroll saw is still a pretty safe tool, with a little help from you I'll bet your daughter could do it. It would really make her day
(Before everybody jumps all over me, I'm still not 100% sure that would be the right thing to do !!)

J. Fred Muggs

Be sure both girls understand we are complementing <b>them</b>, not you, on the quality of the pens!![^][^]
But, I congratulate you on having two fine step daughters, and for being willing to take the time and patience to teach tham to turn.

By the way. Where do you buy your tools and supplies? I might want to buy stock in them as well.[:D]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Scott, I know how safe a scroll saw is.. my second business is designing patterns for scrollers... but I know my daughter is still a bit hyper around the tools and until she shows me she can calm down a bit, no power tools for her.. LOL..
I have taught scrolling at our local 4H and done some demos at the local HS Shopclass... I was a scroller, long before I was a pen turner.. still love both, but turning is cutting into the scrolling big time.. LOL

opus

Tom,
I'm just learning on the scroll saw, got a hawk at an auction for a couple hundered and started playing around with it. I was starting to get hooked on it when I got the lathe, now the saw is covered with pen blank chips!! Might have to pick your brain sometime about scrolling. I wish you luck with your daughter, I've been a stepdad for all of about 6 months, so I'm still learning what can and can't be done yet.

jkirkb94

I still think that it fantastic to get the younger generation involved! What better way to get them away from the TV and the computer. Just don't show her the forum![:D] Kirk[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom