Happy B-Day Antny...Jr. Statesmen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Made this for my son's birthday (22) he works in the office with me along with my other son Paul (24)

This is a Jr. Statesmen II in lucite, both the inside barrel and tube were painted brown to ensure an even finish underneath. Complete with a 14K gold nib from "Penchetta"

He is getting this and a 24 ct. rosewood pencase. He is one of my better pen customers, but he doesn't buy my stuff. His pens are mostly from the other pen companies I carry.

Thanks for looking [8D]

200572113472_DSC00946.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Daddy, don't forget my birthday is in October ... I'll make the pen, just need the nib.. [}:)][:D]

BTW, that is one beautiful pen... he should love it.. of course if for some reason he does not the liberal application of a 7 iron should help change his mind.. [}:)][}:)]
OK what does a 24 ct rosewood pencase look like

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
That is one beautiful pen Anthony (or should I say dad and remind you my b'day is in october :)
...is that clip optical illusion or did you do something special to it..?...

wayneis

Nice job Pops. Too bad about your sons taste's, must be something wrong as he doesn't buy any of your Penchetta's. Maybe now after he writes with one for a while his tastes will improve.

Wayne

PenWorks

"Who's your Daddy" ! Sorry guys, I am only claiming three dependants on my tax return, Go find another tree to bark up. [:D]

John, I wish i could say I inlaid it with aget. I looked at it again in the photo and it does look pretty cool. But it is just a regular clip.

Wayne, he does own a few Penchetta's, but he has about 20 other pens. Personally I don't care, as long as I get his CASH [:D]

Tom, it is the rosewood pen case from Pen State. I think the box is like 35.00 I can't make it for that! [:p]

Thanks for the comments.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Anthony,

That is one beautiful pen!! I assume the blank is homemade, is the white a pearl or some other white dye?

The swirl is really neat-nice job.

vick

but Anthony growing up in Riverview momma always talked about that nice boy Anthony she dated right before marrying dad 8 months before I was born.[:eek:)]

WoodChucker

OH Father,cast me out on my birthday if you must. But please remember me at Christmas on your Birthday and send me one of these pens, I promise to write you with it every day! [:D]

Anthony, I love this pen, it looks fantastic to say the least. Great job on both the pen and the photo!

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by penworks
"Who's your Daddy" ! Sorry guys, I am only claiming three dependants on my tax return, Go find another tree to bark up. [:D]

Who said anything about tax returns... I'd be happy with nibs.. [:p][:p]

Fangar

Somehow, Somewhere, my real father is out there searchign for me.

Awesome.

Anthony. I am sure you told us once before, but where can one get some of the lucite? Which lucite color is that?

Thanks in advance,

James

PenWorks

Mike, I've never been to Riverview, so I am clear on that one, whew ! [:D]

Ed, this is not my cast, but lucite and James this is the place,
www.pipemakers.org

RT. I tried to find a Pen Rock, but our rocks aren't as nice as the one you stole
from your wife's rock garden. But I did make a bunch of those pen stands, they work
really well, just take some 3/4 maple ( I like maple because it is very neutral color and doesn't distract from the pen) router the top and then cut them in 2" lengths. I vary the height from 1" to 2" tall.

Gary Max

Gee Anthony---I thought everyone owned at least one --"Penchetta"---
Of course my birthday is only 7 weeks away--I don't even have one Fountain pen--as a small tear runs down the side of my face.

PenWorks

To all my new addopted children, thanks for the comments. He was thrilled.
I also chipped in with his brother and sister as they got him a new Canon digital camera. So I hope to be barrowing his new camera soon. [:D]

James, the color is called carmel ripple, here is a pic from there site. They do not show it under rods, but stems. They have a awful web site.
http://www.pipemakers.org/lucite04.htm

Fangar

Originally posted by penworks
<br />James, the color is called carmel ripple, here is a pic from there site. They do not show it under rods, but stems. They have a awful web site.
http://www.pipemakers.org/lucite04.htm

Thanks Anthony. I will give em a call. That is a really nice color combo. I take it it comes in a Rod too.

James

jenamison

Wow, Anthony very nice. I'm trying to get the nerve up to buy some pipe stuff from them for that hobby. I'll definitely be getting some of that. BTW the pen box you mentioned...is that 24 count? or 24 karet? Just curious. Mike

PenWorks

James, they do carry it in rods, the rods are 3/4-7/8 sq. 18" long cost is 10.50 ea.

Mike, the box holds 24 pens and is rosewood. I just bought 4 more from Ryan. If you buy 4 of them, the cost is 35.00 ea Like I said, I can't and won't make a rosewood box for 35.00, I will let somebody else work for free [:D]

2005722125834_penbox.jpg
<br />
stock photo from Penn-State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom