Happy 4th of July- More Fun with Flags

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I have gotten carried away with the "Betsy Ross" flag in the spirit of the Fourth of July. A Cigar pencil and two cigar pens that combine the Revolutionary flag with other patriotic images including "We the People" and the Gadsden flag.

According to Wikipedia, the Betsy Ross flag is an early design of the flag of the United States, popularly — but very likely incorrectly — attributed to Betsy Ross, using the common motifs of alternating red-and-white striped field with five-pointed stars in a blue canton. The flag was designed during the American Revolution and features 13 stars to represent the original 13 colonies. The distinctive feature of the Ross flag is the arrangement of 5-pointed stars in a circle. I prefer thinking that Betsy Ross did in fact design the flag.

The Gadsden flag is a historical American flag with a yellow field depicting a rattlesnake coiled and ready to strike. Positioned below the rattlesnake are the words "DONT TREAD ON ME". The flag is named after American general and statesman Christopher Gadsden (1724–1805), who designed it in 1775 during the American Revolution. It was also used by the Continental Marines as an early motto flag, along with the Moultrie Flag.

Happy 4th of July week.

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom