Handmade silver parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from azamiryou

azamiryou

Here are my three latest pens. I fabricated the clips and center bands; the nibs started out as standard nibs from silverpenparts.com, with my modifications.

1. Masur birch and tiger eye.

2. Cedar and lapis. Polishing the uneven surface was a bit of a challenge. What finally worked was to go straight from turning tool to Flitz... and patience. The "distressed" finish/texture on the silver is intentional. Black parts are chemically oxidized.

3. Padauk. The "stone" is also padauk, turned from the same piece as the barrels. The smudges and dust are not intentional... I gotta do a better job cleaning it up, and re-shoot!

Attachments

• sim-p1385-6-7.jpg
    sim-p1385-6-7.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 302
  • masur-birch.jpg
    masur-birch.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 181
  • cedar.jpg
    cedar.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 165
  • cedar-side.jpg
    cedar-side.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 207
  • cedar-nib.jpg
    cedar-nib.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 161
  • padauk.jpg
    padauk.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 156
  • padauk-side.jpg
    padauk-side.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You have a great gift for design. All of them are just great. But the first one, is hands down my favorite.

azamiryou

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I agree that the masur birch one is my favorite among the designs... unfortunately, on that one the "craftsmanship" is lacking. I won't re-do it, but I'll probably make at least one that's similar.

Did that work on your own? ... What's next??

Yep. After all these years I finally made my father proud and became a second-generation silver smith.:)

Next? Closed end and blind clips. After that, well, I've got more ideas than time...:eek:

Top Bottom