Hand dyed spalted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alphageek

alphageek

Former Moderator
Ok.. I've been away from the lathe too long, but I'll share this one anyway.

I got this REALLY COOL spalted hackleberry multi dyed blank when I went to visit Dawn (exoticblanks.com). I then proceeded to grab the wrong glue and got the tube stuck faster than expected. Thought I completely destroyed this unique blank that Curtis made :(...

A piece of pickguard 'embellishment' and I was able to recover it with a little work. Unfortunately I thnk it would be prettier all in the one piece the way the blank came, but still turned out pretty cool. Thanks Dawn & Curtis.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 275
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

Dean, that is a really cool blank. Nice save.

I have had that happen in the past with the tubes, I just grab another tube and now run it in the other end butting up to the shorty already in there. Wasteful on tubes, but they are certainly cheaper than the blanks!!!

ldb2000

Dean, that is a really cool blank. Nice save.

I have had that happen in the past with the tubes, I just grab another tube and now run it in the other end butting up to the shorty already in there. Wasteful on tubes, but they are certainly cheaper than the blanks!!!

Got the Tee shirt :biggrin:

Nice save on a great blank . The "Accent band" looks like it belongs there , so charge extra for it :biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Thanks all! Steve, thanks for that idea! That hadn't occured to me to use extra brass and cut off the tubes! I have to file that one away in my brain for next time.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Looks real nice, Dean! Does it have that real cool multicolor effect up close? One thing, though....it is Hackberry, not hackLEberry.

It definately has multiple colors/levels. This is one of those blanks that the camera doesn't do justice. The effect is coolest in the transition as you turn the blank.

I'll update you once I get more 'customer' reactions to these. I'm curious to see the reaction to it. It falls in an area in between 'natural wood' and man made materials.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Looks real nice, Dean! Does it have that real cool multicolor effect up close? One thing, though....it is Hackberry, not hackLEberry.

Boy, you can tell Dean is young,

That was

Hackleberry Hound!!

NOT a TREE!!!

(that's Huckleberry, with a southern accent)

Top Bottom