Hammered copper Cactus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

The tubes,inside the blanks and the epoxy were all colored Hammered copper, seems that when I pour cactus clear and paint inside the blanks,tubes and color the epoxy I get much more depth to the color than when I tint the resin. As always don't hold back,tell it as you see it

20061117222855_cooper.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kf4knf

Its great to see people making there own casts so not every acrylic pen is the same.

Just curious, how do you get all the air out from the cactus's pockets? Do you use a pressure pot before its cured??

Nice pen by the way...[;)]

OKLAHOMAN

Steve, I put the resin in a pressure pot @40PSI for an hr or 2 with out the catalist, than add catalist and pour the mixture slowly over the cactus and back into the pressure pot for 5-6 hrs.Works for me.
Originally posted by kf4knf
<br />Its great to see people making there own casts so not every acrylic pen is the same.

Just curious, how do you get all the air out from the cactus's pockets? Do you use a pressure pot before its cured??

Nice pen by the way...[;)]

TBone

I like the idea, especially where the cactus is thin on the lower barrel. The top reminds me of a finish that went wrong. I'm guessing that's just the angle of the pic and looks better in person.

OKLAHOMAN

Got mine at H/F Brand name Central Pneumatic item #93119 I think they have a 1/2 off if ordering thru the internet now I paid $39.00 reg. price was $79.95
Originally posted by kf4knf
<br />Just curious, what type of pressure pot do you use? Do you know the brand name or aprox price? I might need to invest!

OKLAHOMAN

Jim I use spray paint to color the tubes and than spray some on a peice of cardboard to paint the inside of the blanks and add some to the epoxy after mixing the epoxy.If you want to see it closer I could send...never mind[;)]
Originally posted by Jim in Oakville
<br />Wish I could see it closer.

Can you please describe how you colour the expoy ...

Nice pen for sure!

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
<br />Jim I use spray paint to color the tubes and than spray some on a peice of cardboard to paint the inside of the blanks and add some to the epoxy after mixing the epoxy.If you want to see it closer I could send...never mind[;)]
Originally posted by Jim in Oakville
<br />Wish I could see it closer.

Can you please describe how you colour the expoy ...

Nice pen for sure!

Now that is brilliant...I never thought to add the paint to the epoxy...very clever idea!

Thank You Roy...

PS, I like your Tag Line[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom