Half a Dozen Sculpey Sierras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CSue

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Well, I'm not as much of an artist as some of you. But these were fun. I hate to say this . . . but I hope I haven't posted this before. A few of them are already sold - GONE.

Attachments

• DSCN1261web.jpg
    DSCN1261web.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 413
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Those are really cool. The blue one looks like it has gold stars in it. I'm gonna have to see if that stuff is available in the UK now, you've convinced me:biggrin:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Real nice looking. It looks to me that you're an artist from the look of those Sierras. Did you cook them on the tube and then turn or make a blank?

Yup. Thats exactly what I did.

I've found that the PREMO Sculpey has "pearl" in red, green, blue and "white"/pearl. And it seems that if I mix or twist in regular colors, they pick up the pearlizing elements and carry it throughout. The Gold and Silver also share their sparkle with colors mixed with.

UKpenmaker

Well, I'm not as much of an artist as some of you. But these were fun. I hate to say this . . . but I hope I haven't posted this before. A few of them are already sold - GONE.

Very nice indeed, it is good fun to work with. I have got some ready that just need turning.

Those are really cool. The blue one looks like it has gold stars in it. I'm gonna have to see if that stuff is available in the UK now, you've convinced me:biggrin:

Believe me Steven, it is available:biggrin:, this is just one of the places.
http://www.polymerclaypit.co.uk/
Have a look at their Silver Clay too, i bet you would like that as well.:wink::wink:

mickr

wow..don't worry if you posted before..according to google I'm 80..so I must have a short memory and can't recall seeing them before...art is in the eye of the beholder....

dustmaker

Those all have very nice eye appeal. I also like the way you matched the blanks to the kit...it is something I continue to struggle with, but my eye is getting better. I think you are quite the artist!

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks all!

The blue, white and gold was made by lumping together seperate "strings" of each (3 of white.) Then I the combined "rope" crossways in 1/4" slices piecing them together in my rectangle for the Sierra. Make sure there are no spaces and then roll it onto the tube and bake.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Top Bottom