Hairy Oak Gold Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

Finished this one yesterday. I traded the Hairy oak for a bit of Konkerberry with a guy from Queensland.

The blank was sanded to 1800 then 1 coat of thin CA and 8 coats of medium CA. Sanded to 1800 half way through the coats and again at the end. Then buffed with brown stuff and white diamond.

Thanks for looking, and C & C welcome as usual.:)

Bob.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Bob,

That wood is just beautiful and you done a good job with the fit and finish but, the pics are a little dark as unless you know what the wood looks like, is very hard to pick the rays up, you may be able to lighten the pics a bit with a editing software if not, you may need to retake the pics, the pen/wood deserves to be seen, better. Sorry mate...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Bob Wemm

Hi Bob,

That wood is just beautiful and you done a good job with the fit and finish but, the pics are a little dark as unless you know what the wood looks like, is very hard to pick the rays up, you may be able to lighten the pics a bit with a editing software if not, you may need to retake the pics, the pen/wood deserves to be seen, better. Sorry mate...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

George, Never thought about that.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 133

robutacion

Hi Bob,

Cheers
George

OK so, lets see the other side of than pen, please...!:wink::biggrin:

I'm only trying to help, in my own way, off-course...!:)

George

Bob Wemm

Hi Bob,

Cheers
George

George

OK George, Here we go, I'll re-post both photos together. Just too slack to do both of them before.

Bob.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 89

robutacion

Hi Bob,

Cheers
George

George

OK George, Here we go, I'll re-post both photos together. Just too slack to do both of them before.

Bob.

Yeah mate, those were the "rays" I couldn't see in the original pics, thanks for doing that...!

Cheers
George

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Looks great! And I have to agree that the final pictures do show the grains better... :wink:

NIce job!

Well, off to work - it will be close to -15 F tonight and tomorrow the wind chill will be close to -28 F. BBrrrrrrrr.:island:

Beedeejay

Finished this one yesterday. I traded the Hairy oak for a bit of Konkerberry with a guy from Queensland.

Hey Bob, If you ever want to swap Kronerberry for some more Hairy Oak, PM me, I have a bit laying around :biggrin:

The blank was sanded to 1800 then 1 coat of thin CA and 8 coats of medium CA. Sanded to 1800 half way through the coats and again at the end. Then buffed with brown stuff and white diamond.

What is "the brown stuff and white diamond"?

Bob.

Hairy Oak is still one of my favourite timbers and you have done it justice

Cheers Ben

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

Hey Bob, If you ever want to swap Kronerberry for some more Hairy Oak, PM me, I have a bit laying around :biggrin:

Bob.

Cheers Ben

Kronerberry, Konkerberry, Hairy Oak, Brown Stuff - :eek:! Me thunks U Mates speaks funny! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bob Wemm

Bob.

Cheers Ben

Hi Ben,
I couldn't remember what the Brown Stuff was called, and was too slack to go and check.:redface:
It is called Tripoli and is used before White Diamond Buffing compound.

Cheers,
Bob.

OZturner

Bob a Great Hairy (Assed) Oak Pen.
Great Fit and Finish, and you sure confused a number of our US bretheren with your colourful descriptions such as Brown Stuff & White Diamond.
I knew what you were talking about.
But glad you straightend them out.
George wasn't going to stop until he could see the Rays, Most people are pleased to see the Light, but not our George.
All in Good Fun. I really enjoyed the Banter.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom