Hail to the Victors!! & Brooks803!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alinc100

alinc100

Turned a pen from a casting I had ordered from Brooks803.A customer had requested a pen in the University of Michigan colors.I contacted Brooks803 after having much success with the Clemson colors in an earlier order.Jonathon was kind enough to send/post preview pics of the casting and was worried it may end up as "green poop".I am here to say that that did not happen and the blanks turned out just fine.The areas that look dark,become translucent with exposure to light and just sparkles.

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_0138a (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0138a (Medium).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0139a (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0139a (Medium).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0140a (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0140a (Medium).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0142a (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0142a (Medium).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0143a (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0143a (Medium).jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 81

Brooks803

hey hey, that came out nice! Looks much nicer than a blob of geen goop. Did you paint the tubes or anything? Fit and finish are spot on, great job!

alinc100

hey hey, that came out nice! Looks much nicer than a blob of geen goop. Did you paint the tubes or anything? Fit and finish are spot on, great job!

Nope, no paint on the tubes.I couldn't think of a color that would have done anything much different than the gold color of the tubes.Maybe silver would be more reflective????I cannot say for sure but I do not think the resin is transparent enough for the tube to be an issue on this pour.

I cannot wait to meet some of the other blanks up with pen kits.This one was ordered as a slimline ,in the same style as the RhinoPlastic Tiger swirl which my son promptly sold to a teacher for $30.I got to make another pen,he got a new video game.He is gonna be a great salesman someday.

Andy

Top Bottom