Had to take a break from casting!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I've had this blank ready to go for about a week and I just had to get away from casting for a bit (till later tonight anyhow). This is my trial at an opal like blank. It has 7 different colors swirled throughout. It's also damn near impossilbe to get a decent picture of it :angry:. I put it on a Blk Ti Stretch from LauLau and reverse painted the blank a soft white. Finish is MM to 12000 and PlastX polish. Thanks for looking and any comments/critiques welcome!

100_2127611x700.jpg
100_2132624x700.jpg
100_2145604x700.jpg

Here's a closeup:
100_2147700x690.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Great looking pen and blank. Love the luminescence that shows up well in the close up photo. Seven different colors.....that's amazing.

omb76

No surprise that this is another stunning pen Jonathon! I wonder how that would look if painted black?

I have some orange paint left over if you want to try that color too.. LOL! :biggrin:

Brooks803

Bringing it tomorrow? I will show you mine, if you will show me yours :biggrin:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::bulgy-eyes: I'll have it with me :wink:

No surprise that this is another stunning pen Jonathon! I wonder how that would look if painted black?

I have some orange paint left over if you want to try that color too.. LOL! :biggrin:

Thanks, but no thanks David. Black is gonna be next attempt, if I ever get back in the shop that is....

Sweet job Johnathan. Even though it isn't WOOD. ;)

:tongue: what's this wood stuff? Can that even be made into a pen :confused:

robutacion

Nicely done, mate...!:wink:

I reckon this is the closest synthetic thing I've seen to antler, at least at some distance, the sparkles at close up, give it aways but still a damn nice blank and pen...!

Cheers
George

seamus7227

Jonathon, Even though the picture doesn't do the pen any justice, I can tell by that close-up, that it probably has a mother of pearl look to it! Very well done!

Top Bottom