Had some time last night.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

First three pics are Spalted Box Elder Burl that is complimented with Black Titanium JG hardware.
obtjgclosed.jpg

obtjgcloselid.jpg

obtjgopen.jpg

Next is a cigar style with a combination of bloodwood and maple.
oknotcigar.jpg

oknotcigar2.jpg

As always comments or concerns welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Both very well done. Was trying to see which I liked better, but don't think I can compare them. They're both works of art. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Both are fantastic.[:p][:p][:p]

I like your bloodwood/maple, but prefer when you use thinner lines on the "knots". BTW, I make knots on peppermills, have never attempted a pen, so PLEASE realize my critique is not worth a lot!!!

jedgerton

These are really outstanding! I love the spalted BEB and the cigar pen was executed perfectly. I'm seeing so many of the knot pens that look great. Is there a tutorial or other info to explain how that is done?

John

Ron Mc

John,
I recall that someone here had written one. It might be in the database of tutorials. If you don't see one let me know and I'll write one up for you. I believe you will be shocked when you try it. The pen I posted the other night was at a 60* and this one is at a 45*. I think this weekend I'll go for a 30* with smaller strips if I have time.
Remember to e-mail me if you need an assist.

Fred

Super job on both. By all means PLEASE post your knot method... pictures of each step would be a welcome addition to those of us that are not "gifted". Besides, who reads directions when the mrthod if outlined with pictures?

Darley

Cool and nice pens Ron as alway, nice Spalted Box Elder Burl, for the cigar pen I will use maple veneer to give an accent to the knots ( I mean laminated your piece of bloodwood )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom