Had some spare TIME today...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

So I finally got to turning these awesome Capt G watch part blanks I won/bought at the MPG! My wife was out taking care of some errands so I went into the shop to do some turning for myself. I've been finishing up a pen order and haven't had time for anything else. I can't put into words just how cool these are! Gary did all the hard work, I just turned & finished it. Both were MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. Thanks for looking!

1st is a Platinum/Black Ti Sierra with a Betty Boop blank. I won this one in the advanced pen contest at the MPG:

DSC00942598x700.jpg
DSC00949622x700.jpg

DSC00950504x700.jpg

2nd is one I bought at the Exotics table at the MPG. This one has the white glass fiber background. Not the easiest pic to take either! I put it on a Rhodium/Black Ti Jr. Statesman RB:

DSC00953588x700.jpg
DSC00959603x700.jpg
DSC00955613x700.jpg
DSC00964587x700.jpg

DSC00965667x700.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Fantastic as always partner! I forget what free time is like these days!!! Still haven't touched the metal lathe and I'm currently in NH working with the boss. We just bought a new house so that's just one more thing getting in the way. It may be December before I have time to turn anything. Keep doing what you do boss and I'll live through you!

Brooks803

Thanks yall for the kind words! I was really surprised at how close I was able to turn them without hitting too much metal. I didn't want them to look preggo. I did end up knicking a couple gears on each barrel but a quick CA finish and you'd never know :wink:

Fantastic as always partner! I forget what free time is like these days!!! Still haven't touched the metal lathe and I'm currently in NH working with the boss. We just bought a new house so that's just one more thing getting in the way. It may be December before I have time to turn anything. Keep doing what you do boss and I'll live through you!

Hey buddy! Haven't seen you around too much, but I know why that is :cool: That sucks about the metal lathe! Who knows, if you have to wait till Dec you might just get a metal lathe gift from the southern santa :wink: I know you'd like it!

Congrats on the house! Is it the one you were telling me about while you were visiting? Shea and I are actually signing the papers to accept an offer on one today! Keep your fingers crossed at it goes through smoothly!

I'll keep turning for ya Tim...I've got 4 blanks prepped to turn later today if I can get to them :biggrin:

Great job!

I think the statesmen in gold/rho would have better matched the blank. That said, it's a great looking pen!

Thanks! I actually picked that plating at first but the gold on the kit really clashed with the brass gears. Plus it kinda took away from the overall look, like they were competing for an audience. I think this way lets the blank show off a bit more.

Last edited:

brownsfn2

Really nice couple of pens! I hope to get lucky at some point and buy one of those blanks.

I spent all my last order getting Brooks blanks. :)

I bet those watch blanks are hard to make. I just can't imagine doing that.

Nice job!

IPD_Mr

I love the subject of this post. You had better enjoy it now because pretty soon the spare time thing will have been a distant memory. :tongue:

Top Bottom