Had some shoptime this weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

With it being so nice out I got out into the shop and knocked out some pens. A couple were a first for me too.

This one is a sculpted kit from PSI with a 5/8 square inlace blank I bought from them as well.

This pen is a Big Ben Fountain kit from PSI. This was the first one I did, and I like it for being a lower cost kit. The blank is the super hero acrylic from WC.

This last one I have had the dino bone tru-stone for a while I got from exoticblanks. Boy this was one of the hardest tru-stone I have turned. This is on an Electra RB kit from WC, which is replacing my current Triton that the parts keep coming out of the tubes. It took a while, but it was worth turning.

Comments welcome, and as always thank you for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Nice pens. How are the sculpted kits for quality? I am not a big fan of PSI kits but would like to try one.

Well its chrome which tends to be a good plating to do. I personally am not a huge fan on gold, but on some kits that is all they offer. I have never had really bad issues with PSI kits or ones I have bought from some resellers.

ToddMR

Looking good, How did that dino bone work out for you?

LOL. That was some of the hardest tru-stone yet. It polishes NICE, but I threw a new carbide insert on and then had to turn it to a new edge 1/2 way through. That is some really hard stuff compared to the other 3 tru-stones I have done thus far. Glad this was my pen all the same.

bitshird

Nice work Todd, you are right about the red Dino tru-stone the stuff is a bugger, I've done several but they didn't dull an insert that quickly, I turned two on an old insert that had already done a dozen or so wood pens, still got a semi decent turned finish, I did have to start the last one sanding at 220, That's when I realized it was time to turn it around.

Top Bottom