Had to share these two

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Russianwolf

When I made my order from Exoticblanks.com, Dawn contacted me to ask if I would take on a blank that she had pulled due to a chip near the outside. I of course volunteered to buy it and see what I could do with it.

Well, As far as I am concerned it's the best looking Diamondback Rattler that I've seen (other than my poorly executed turning of it)

The other is a Blue Cumberland from Scubaman I think it was. I have to agree that ebonites have to be among the worst smelling on the planet, but they look very nice completed.

Attachments

• Picture 042.jpg
    Picture 042.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 448
  • Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 358
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BruceK

I agree, that is a real nice snake blank. You did a great job with it.

I have one from Dawn that she threw in as a freebie to practice with before I try the copperhead blank I purchased.

CaptG

That is one of the nicest looking rattler blanks I have ever seen. The ebonite is also good looking, but I am partial to snakes.

PR_Princess

Mike, you did a great job on that rattler! That kit sets it off very well. Fantastic job, and it looks ever cooler than I thought that it might!!!:biggrin:

Now tell me why were you going to slow down on pen turning again???:eek::confused::eek:

FWIW, I don't know the species or subspecies of rattler, but I don't think that this is a diamondback.

Russianwolf

Mike, you did a great job on that rattler! That kit sets it off very well. Fantastic job, and it looks ever cooler than I thought that it might!!!:biggrin:

Now tell me why were you going to slow down on pen turning again???:eek::confused::eek:

FWIW, I don't know the species or subspecies of rattler, but I don't think that this is a diamondback.
Actually, I think she is a diamondback. Have a look

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crotalus_adamanteus

I just got lucky and you sent me an Eastern Diamondback (I am in the east afterall).

Why am I slowing down? Cause I need to make some chessmen too ya know. That IS why I originally bought the lathe. :biggrin:

Top Bottom