Had circuit board blank doubts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from John M

John M

Well, I have seen them on here quite a bit, but never really thought they looked all that neat. I was at Woodcraft today and saw one of those puzzle pens but I need to work on my CA finish before I throw 40 bucks away. So there was the circuit board kit there. I thought what the heck. To my surprise, this was the best turning blank I have turned yet. I don't know if the resin is different or what, but it turned like a champ, and after I polished it up, I was amazed at how cool it looks. Pics on the net just do not do this blank justice in my opinion. I am going to buy me a few more for sure.

Attachments

• CIMG0088.jpg
    CIMG0088.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

They are quite nice and yours came out just right too. You are hooked on them now. Wish you had discovered this sooner because there was just a group buy here with a good savings on 4 platings for these kits. Anyway thanks for showing and it will be a conversation piece for sure.

mobrackett

I like the blank turned down just a little more in the center, but your finish looks very good. I've turned a few and just love the blanks. Great job!!

John M

i was trying to get the whole arc from top to bottom, but it is a little big. It looks like you are going to cut into it, but I am no where even close to it. Quite the optical illusion. The bushing I was using seemed to be just a smidge off. I didnt have my calipers to measure so I might have been using the wrong ones maybe.

workinforwood

It does look good. Saw one in person last week and it was nice. I'm just not crazy about how every one is the same as the next. I'd definitely buy one from Bruce if I was going to market them, because of the uniqueness his have.

Top Bottom