Gym Floor Pens & Pen Cases

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from les-smith

les-smith

Here are some pens and pen cases that are going to be donated to a local Christian high school for their annual athletic dept. auction. The pens & pen cases are made from the basketball court flooring from their gym that was destroyed 2 years ago during a winter storm, it collapsed from the ice and snow on the roof. Some of you may remember the story from a couple of years ago when I made pens for them then.

Keith Larrett (VisExp) was kind enough to offer to do the pen cases for me. I thought I could do the boxes on my own, but I found out real quick that I didn't have the tools or skills to do it right. I sent him four small pieces of the flooring and he came to the rescue and made two cases for me. He was able to preserve some of the nail holes which I think really adds to the story of the wood. I'm really excited about how great the boxes turned out. Thanks Keith.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• Euro in box 1.jpg
    Euro in box 1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 344
  • Sierra & Box 1.jpg
    Sierra & Box 1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 335
  • Sierra in Box 1.jpg
    Sierra in Box 1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

Thanks guys, I hope the bring big bucks also. A European brought $750.00 and a Jr. Gent brought $250.00 made out of the same stuff two years ago. Hopefully these do even better.

VisExp

The pens and cases look great together Les! It was my pleasure to be able to help out. It was also great to talk with you. Please let us know how the auction goes, I hope you are able to raise a bunch for the school!

Top Bottom