Guyana Rosewood Panache

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

I found this Guyana Rosewood board which is about 70% Sapwood and 30% deep brownish-purple heartwood. The board is all bowed, twisted, crooked, and otherwise bent up. I told the store owner that it looked like old railroad tracks. I was able to chisel the price down 50% since only a penturner could really use the board. :biggrin:

I cut a few blanks and proceeded to mess up 3 of them with idiotic drilling mistakes. Bree<---DUMB!! I finally got it right and made a Panache out of it. I barely had enough wood in the blank because the Panache has such a large base diameter.

Anyhoo... got 'er done. MM-12K, CA-BLO x3, MM-12K, wax buff, Ren Wax. This one is going to my sister for her BDay. I kinda like it!

sCIMG5028.jpg

sCIMG5029.jpg

sCIMG5030.jpg

Again... not the greatest PIX in the world... Sorry!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

I like it. Kind of looks like a PR blend.

Does this rosewood cause the same type of problems as other rosewoods in regards to allergies?

It didn't bother me but it sure might bother someone else. I had a lot more trouble with a Desert Ironwood branch that a friend sent me. That thing stunk to high heaven.

What I like is that it looks totally white one way and then white and rosewoody the other way. The Rosewood sapwood BTW is quite nice to work and it has nice grain.
:cool::cool::cool:

broitblat

Nice looking pen, Bree. The shape and finish are obviously excellent and I like the contrasting colors/grain. You'd hardly believe they were the same wood if you didn't see them on the same pen.

-Barry

Bree

You are a sly one Bree ! But it paid off , and you have a beautiful pen here . Nice work friend !

LOL! I went into the store 5 times and looked at that board. I finally decided that it was time to do some "negotiating". It helped that I was buying a bunch of other stuff which helped sweeten the deal for them. I view it as their Christmas present to me!!
:):):)

Top Bottom