Gunmetal Cocobolo Slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

Forgot it this was just gunmetal or Blk Titanium so I am calling it gunmetal. I have a friend whose brother is going to have to have a lung transplant. He very much liked a Kingwood slimline that I did for my friend. He liked the size. So I decided to make a nice slimline for the brother as he faces this major surgery.

Problem is that I like the pen and might keep it for myself. :redface::redface::redface: So I might make a different one for the brother. I hate giving away my Coco pens!!

I did this one differently. This is MM-12000 and then done with thin CA and no BLO. I use 1" square towels and I stack them on top of the used towels. The used ones are impervious to CA (keeps fingers clean) and they have the curved shape that nicely fits the pen blank. I drizzled the CA over the top while rubbing quickly on the bottom with the towel. Not too much rubbing... just enough to smooth it out, eliminate ridges, before it gets tacky. Then a spray of aerosol accelerator and MM 2400. Final coat MM-2400-12000 followed by double buff, Meguiar's, and Renwax.

sCIMG5670.jpg
sCIMG5671.jpg

sCIMG5672.jpg
sCIMG5673.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

That's one very nice looking pen! :)
I love cocobolo .... just wish it didn't make me break out in a rash :frown:
That piece is really nice!
After a couple painful lessons I now wrap my index finger with masking tape when I do CA finishes ... just in case! :redface:

Bree

That's one very nice looking pen! :)
I love cocobolo .... just wish it didn't make me break out in a rash :frown:
That piece is really nice!
After a couple painful lessons I now wrap my index finger with masking tape when I do CA finishes ... just in case! :redface:

That's a darn good idea! I was thinking about using one of those little red caps that look like little you know whats and slip the tip of my finger in there but I chickened out.
:eat::eat::eat:

phillywood

That's mighty fine looking. Still, stick to your plan -- give it away and make another for yourself.
It'll feel good.
Bree, I do tend to agree with Gary, good deed will overcome your desire to keep that pen, but at the end you will feel very proud, and you know what? Now, you have a better eye and experience to find a nicer looking one for your self, because now you know what it's going to look like.

Bree

Bree, I do tend to agree with Gary, good deed will overcome your desire to keep that pen, but at the end you will feel very proud, and you know what? Now, you have a better eye and experience to find a nicer looking one for your self, because now you know what it's going to look like.

You guys are killing me with goodness!!!
:eek::eek::eek:

Top Bottom