Gumballs!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jskeen

jskeen

I actually managed to get it done today. Having the kids in school seems to help for some reason.

I posted this blank over in the casting forum and here's the finished product. I tried but just couldn't pull off my usual centerband, the material doesn't have the tensile strength to be worked that thin. The inside of the blank was splotched with white, then sprayed with dark green. There is just a little bit of blue sparkle, but the tint of the resin is very faint. The blank was turned, sanded, and buffed, no ca, no nothing. I may have to rethink that on my next one.

Let me know what you really think.

BTW; I'm not set up to do production casting, I'd have to drink a whole lot of lone star to make the molds... wait, I already drink a whole lot of lone star..... nevermind..... anyway, anybody that want's to run with the idea, feel free. (a sample might be nice though :)

Attachments

• PICT0184.jpg
    PICT0184.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 377
  • PICT0188.jpg
    PICT0188.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 245
  • PICT0191.jpg
    PICT0191.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 225
  • PICT0193.jpg
    PICT0193.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 166
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SamThePenMan

Neat! I assume you explained, in the casting forum, how you made the casting. I like that you also replaced the top part of the cap as well. I've always thought it would be neat to do that but haven't tried popping out that part yet.

bitshird

Finally some one found a good use for sweet gum balls (other than slingshot fodder) It looks like it was a lot of work keeping all the little pieces in place while turning, Great colors and brilliant idea.

Top Bottom