Guitar Neck Pen v.2.0

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

OK, I got my Abalone and my Rosewood so I wanted to give a new guitar neck pen a try. Tell me what you think.

guitar2sm.jpg

guitar2opensm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

That looks great Hans! :)

Is the center abalone dot in the upper picture supposed to be offset? Forgive my ignorance, I'm not a guitar player :redface:

hewunch

Well that is partly an oops and partly the camera angle. It does not look that off in person.

Last edited:

hewunch

Oh this is my first Jr. Gent that I reduced the centerband on and I changed the gold finial to black. Thought about making one, but I can't decide what I want it to be. Thanks for all the nice comments thus far.

bitshird

The aluminum between the rosewood,would appear to be like guitar frets, I was joking because they are so thin, I like wide frets on my guitar necks, it makes them more comfortable to play, The pen is cool as heck,

hewunch

The aluminum between the rosewood,would appear to be like guitar frets, I was joking because they are so thin, I like wide frets on my guitar necks, it makes them more comfortable to play, The pen is cool as heck,

Oh, ok, well it is doubled over pepsi can so they could get thicker. Just pretend they are all like the ones in the middle :biggrin:

Skye

You know, they sell small pages of aluminum at stores that sell RC cars. May be easier on you next time. They also sell aluminum and brass rods. Just so ya know.

Brandon25

Lookin good dude. I dont know what alabone is, but i guess it's the material used for the dots? Looks very cool. I like that addition.

Also wanted to mention I was in Home Depot,over in the roofing section where the metal flashing is- they have single "shingles" of aluminum that are bent in one spot to flash around something (a chimney maybe?) that are an "L" shape, maybe an 8"x8" sheet if it were flat. I picked up a few because it's a little thicker than coke can, maybe 3x as thick? I think they were 37 cents each.

Oh wait, here they are:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...oductId=100081628&N=10000003+90115&D=flashing
b25da984-06e0-489a-ba3a-562a62a3488d_300.jpg

Top Bottom