Guestbook Pen Pt. 1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

Part 1:

This is the finished turned pen for my sister-in-law's wedding. This will be used for people to sign the guestbook. The blank is an acrylic called Opal I got from Woodcraft. I used a gold rollerball Navigator kit. I also made sure to use white tubes as well. I think the pen looks great. I will post Part 2 once it comes back from being engraved. I am sending it out for engraving probably tomorrow. The pictures definitely don't do this pen justice.

161255-438x.jpg
161256-438x.jpg
161257-438x.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

That looks great! I have a wedding coming up and need to get busy on some pens. Thanks for sharing. I had not ever seen an opal pen before.

jttheclockman

Iknow what you mean about the blank. I have some of them and ordered them after I used their blank called "Snow White" it is some of the prettiest marbeling in there. Those blanks are well worth the price.

Nice job on the pen. Are you going to have it colored filled or are you doing that??? Thanks for showing.

PS: I see you already answered the color thing.

jskeen

I did a wedding pen for a customer a while back, and she loved it but was having a BIG wedding and frankly was worried it might walk off at some point. The guest book she had ordered had a gold chain to the cheap pen that came with it, so I made a second custom finial for the pen, center drilled it and epoxied the end of the chain in with some pearlex in the mix to match the color. After the wedding she brought it back and it took less than 5 minutes to pop out one finial and put in the smooth one. That little feature earned me a good customer and a few follow on gift sales :)

Top Bottom