Guess the material!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Guess the material used for this Sierra. It is not wood and is not dyed.

20087152951_BlackAxisSierra.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
No one close, yet! Remember, I said it was not dyed. That does not mean it is not artificially colored. It is based on a natural material, BTW!

el_d

I was thinking corian but that wouldnt be Curtis, how about chewed up bluebonnet seeds that were removed from the mouth of endangered blue jackelope that only lives on the west side of I-35....;)

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Ding ding ding...we have a winner!

It is a piece of Axis Antler from an Axis deer that I shot a while back. The Axis was still in velvet so I did a skull mount and removed the velvet myself. Because it was still in velvet, (read, still growing) the antler was very porous and light. Unfortunately, I hung the mount over the door going into my shop and one day it decided to fall and shatter on the floor!

Seeing an opportunity, I decided to cut it up into blanks! Due to its porosity and the fact that I will cast anything:D, I put it in a mold and pressure cast it with black Alumilite to see what would happen. The Alumilite penetrated completely and did a really good job of making it usable. Not overly exciting as a material but unique nonetheless!

airrat

Its Black Axis. But I cheated

Curtis I just looked at the name of the picture. One day someone will get all of us that do that and give it some fake name.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Originally posted by airrat

Its Black Axis. But I cheated

Curtis I just looked at the name of the picture. One day someone will get all of us that do that and give it some fake name.

Airrat, you smarta$$!!! Next time I will have to remember to use a different file name!!

redfishsc

Originally posted by mikes pens

Jimmy Hoffa's leg bone?

Can't be. It's buried under my house. Problem is, I can't find my house anymore.

I was gonna guess salt and pepper cast in resin. Not even close[B)]

Excellent choice of platings to go with it!

Nick

I have to say, This was a fun topic, reading all the posts. Why not make this a permanant topic, "Guess the material" or???
Your thoughts?

Top Bottom