Guardian pic's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Milpaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milpaul

I know these pens were not a favorite from reading previous posts, and I'm not trying to win anyone over, I just thought I would post a pic for those of you who haven't seen the pens yet and give my opinion on the kit.
First of all I think they named it the Guardian because it can be used as a weapon! It is much heavier and larger at the nib than a cigar pen. On the plus side I do like the click mechanism and I have pretty much given up on other click pens but this has a support tube and the plastic mechanism seems very sturdy. Also it is obviously easy to make with just one barrel and diameter. Another plus is as if you don't like the kit you can use the nib as a 60 deg. center (I stole that from a previous post :D not sure who to give the credit to!) On the negative side there are quite a few parts to the kit, but I'm sure it just takes getting used to.
Overall I don't know if I would use it for an everyday pen but it does have a very unique look and I'm sure some will like the extra weight and "industrial" look. Also I probably didn't pick the best wood or acrylic since I was in a hurry to make the pen so don't let that sway your opinion!

2007122363527_guardian.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Paul, that is a big pen. I kinda like the big industrial look, as you call it. Like the rings of rubber, help grip that bruit. I'll bet there will be some folks out there who want the big substantial look and feel of that pen.
Nice job and thanks for sharing.

rherrell

Nice! First time I've seen that type pen. I'm thinkin' turn the barrel the same size as those 3 rubber rings and maybe taper it down at the top. Glue a piece of black plastic on to the bottom of the barrel the same thickness as the one at the top to help balance it out. Just a thought.

Radman

Looks like a "Michael's Fat Boy" brand pen. Google them and see for yourself.
Nice job on the pens, not my style. 1st time I've seen that kit though.
[8D]

Milpaul

Originally posted by stevers
<br />Paul, that is a big pen. I kinda like the big industrial look, as you call it. Like the rings of rubber, help grip that bruit. I'll bet there will be some folks out there who want the big substantial look and feel of that pen.
Nice job and thanks for sharing.

I agree. There are always people out there who want something different and this definitely has a unique look.

DozerMite

Banned
I've seen the kit, but don't really care for it.
You done a nice job with them though.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Paul,

Just an opinion, but I believe the clip LOOKS short. You might burn a couple lines under the clip to make the overall pen LOOK more proportional to the clip length. OR, put a piece of metal (gold, brass, sterling silver - all come in square "inset" versions) just lower than the end of the clip.

OR, it could just be the angle of the pic and the pen may NOT look that way - helpful, huh?????

Milpaul

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Paul,

Just an opinion, but I believe the clip LOOKS short. You might burn a couple lines under the clip to make the overall pen LOOK more proportional to the clip length. OR, put a piece of metal (gold, brass, sterling silver - all come in square "inset" versions) just lower than the end of the clip.

OR, it could just be the angle of the pic and the pen may NOT look that way - helpful, huh?????

I think that's a result of the nib being so large. I will try that later to see how it looks but I think anything more between the nib and clip might be too much. Either way it will have to wait since I only bought 2 kits to start [:(]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Milpaul
<br />
Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Paul,

I think that's a result of the nib being so large. I will try that later to see how it looks but I think anything more between the nib and clip might be too much. Either way it will have to wait since I only bought 2 kits to start [:(]

Based on the size and weight of the pen, was that a metric ton???[:D][:D]

bitshird

Paul, to me it looks better than I thought they would, I sell more cigars than slimlines swo there is a market for large pens, Old pharts like me with bad knuckle joints like them and so do folks with long fingers, I really like the acrylic one,

Milpaul

Originally posted by bitshird
<br />Paul, to me it looks better than I thought they would, I sell more cigars than slimlines swo there is a market for large pens, Old pharts like me with bad knuckle joints like them and so do folks with long fingers, I really like the acrylic one,
I think acrylic is the way to go. It's too hard for the wood to compete against all the chrome! [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom