Group of pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

So for just over a year now I sit next to a group of 8 people that work on a different client than I do. We never really have talked other than in passing. So I figured a nice ice breaker would be to make them all pens. With Stacie's, my wife, help we got all these pens done up. The WS II purple heart is for their lead person which I had already done a couple weeks ago. The end one on the right was a Saturn Red Malle I did a couple weeks that my wife wanted me to give to one of the girls that she talks to on the phone sometimes. The rest are as follows left to right:

Corain w/ Red Fancy, Black Walnut w/ Cobalt Gold, Zircot w/ Gold Fancy, 1st segmented I did for this using Bocote, Redheart, Canary w/ Copper Fancy, Yellowheart /w Chrome, Redheart w/ Satin Pearl.

I enjoy making people's days with giving them pens like this. The last two days I was busy only having about 3 hours a night to work on these. my wife, Stacie, really helped a lot. She did the corian pen and the Yellowheart. I would have had a hard time doing this without her.

group-pens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stacie

Mind you, he neglected to put in there why I only finished 2 pens.
1. I am slow, but try to be accurate.
2. I had some major issues
a. corian broke when trying to put the thing together, had to redo.
b. yellow heart blew out when i was facing, had to part, and redo.

They did turn out nice.

rjwolfe3

Stacie, just between me and you, I think yours turned out better!:biggrin:

My wife always turns better then me but yet she won't turn more.:frown:

wizard

Todd and Stacie, Very nice job...It's really neat when a spouse shares a hobby with you. Very thoughtful of you to do that for others. Those pens would definitely break the ice!

Top Bottom