group of Panache pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

Here's my collection of Panache pens I've made so far,these are fun pens to make,although it takes such a big piece of lumber.

Woods are Curly Koa,Spalted Tamarind,Mahogany w/ Maple trim on the ends,Black Acacia and I made the stamp pen in loving memory of my grandparents who came here from Sweden.

I won a small collection of Swedish stamps on eBay,and it had just enough of animal-themed stamps to complete it.I've since learned how to match the top and bottom barrels with stamps.This was my first 2-barrel stamp pen,and that part I did not get right,but I still really like it,and it reminds me of them.

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_4206.JPG
    IMG_4206.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_4189.JPG
    IMG_4189.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_4200.JPG
    IMG_4200.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 145
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That stamp pen is so beautiful, especially on that kit which has the size to really showcase your work. I also really like that Mahogany with Maple trim. Very nice on both of them.

ossaguy

There's a customer service story behind the Mahogany/maple one....

I just finished it up,and I put it in the pen slot that's in the arm of the jacket I was wearing since it was chilly that day.I started working on the next pen on the lathe.

I have been having these Kamakazi-like bees coming one-by-one from somewhere across the parking lot where I turn at.They seem to be attracted by the smell of the woods,especially BOW.They land on the back of my neck & i've gotten stung twice.It really breaks my concentration.

So I saw this one land inside my opened jaclet,& my natural response was to get it off of me asap.In doing so,the Panache pen went flying,and landed on the concrete pad.Dang! I inspected it & the blank itself was perfect,just the edges of the caps were like a grinder hit it.

I sure was bummed.The nerxt time I placed an order with CSUSA,I told them what happened ( as far-fetched as it sounds ) asking if I could buy just the caps.They sent me replacements free,with my other order.

Wow,that's excellent service & I'll be a life-long customer!

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

plantman

Fine looking pens Steve !! The Panache kit is an excellent base to start with. So many things can be done with it. Jim S

Top Bottom