Groovy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

My first attempt at flutes. Turned the blank round then used micro mesh. Cut the flutes, gave a light sand the buffed. It is a little hard to see on the pen and the inset shows the flute a bit better. They are V grooves.

20058243836_FLUTE.jpg

Chuckie

PS Thinking about filling the grooves with red acrylic paint.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

green-eyes

I was lucky enough to receive one of these pencils and it is so cool. It really is an interesting design and a flawless cutting as well. My first thought when I looked at it was, wow, it is so uniform.

Great job John!!

woodscavenger

Looks like a standard Pentel mechanical pencil. Buy them at an office supply place and tear them apart and make your own. I think there are directions here somewhere.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by Chuck Key
<br />
Originally posted by Mudder
<br />I like it.
What kind of kit is that, never seen it before.

I got the "Write this way" key chain at a flea market for $.25.

Chuckie

Okay "smart guy" [;)] you got me. Is the pencil a kit or did you get it at the office supply store and tear it apart like woodscavenger posted?

Chuck Key

Originally posted by Deere41h
<br />Very nice John....I like the way the Corian (??) turned out on the pencil. How did you cut the flutes?

and Tom

Could you explain how you did your flutes? Also how many flutes around the pen?

Here is a photo. The face plate I am using now allows eight flutes. I just turn on the dremel and move it horizontally manually using the crank on the lathe apron. Then return the dremel to the starting position, adjust the face plate to the next flute position and move the apron again. The depth of the flute is controlled with the cross slide adjustment.

2005824171013_dremel1.jpg
<br />

Chuckie

Chuck Key

Originally posted by Mudder

Okay "smart guy" [;)] you got me. Is the pencil a kit or did you get it at the office supply store and tear it apart like woodscavenger posted?

It was not long ago that the Pentels were available at CSU. I just used a cheapie I got on eBay. Watch out for that woodscavenger guy, he tried to get me to cut the pen in half and show it in cross section[:0]

Chuckie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom