The green w/better pictures

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 08K.80

08K.80

I attempted to get better pictures of pen #2, the green one.
I'll see what everyone else thinks.
It's difficult to capture the bright green veining in it.

GPB1_zps44b52af8.jpg

GPB2_zps4889973c.jpg

GPB3_zpsaafbb3d3.jpg

GPB4_zpsbd9dea66.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Midday sun is hard to do photo's of these kind of blanks, but with some HDR work on it.....you darker colors might show up?

Nicely turned!!!

Scott (nice segmenting) B

OOPS

That's an interesing blank. The colors seem to change from photo to photo. It must be a terrific pen to look at in person.

Now, please don't take this as criticism, as everyone has their own idea of what they want their pens to look like. From looking at both your pens, it is clear that you have an affinity for segmenting and also have the talent to make it look excellent. However, I do believe that some might find the amount of segmenting to be excessive and would detract from the overall beauty of the pen. If you are happy with the pen, then go with it.

To give you another variation, you might consider the following. First, I really like the look for your cap design. The dark acrylic piece is classy and the whole cap when taken together looks elegant, and almost like it could be a "signature" cap that you do for all your capped pens. On the body, I would remove all of the metal rings. The result would be less busy or cluttered, but still look elegant and different than most of the pens you will see posted here.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

BSea

That looks like a very cool pen. Nice centerband & finial mods. I love custom finials. I hardly ever leave the stock ones on anymore.

Many of us struggle to get a pic that really shows the true beauty of our pens. And I think resin pens are much harder to accurately show in photos.

Top Bottom