Green syringe filler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

Here is a fountain pen I finished up from emerald water acrylic. It's a bit less transparent than some of the other colors in the water series of blanks, but still transparent enough to see the ink in the pen when it's filled. It's got a handmade nickel silver clip, and #6 jowo nib.

As far as the filling system goes, it uses a built in syringe so to speak, where you submerge the nib in ink, pull up on the knob of the syringe shaft to draw the ink up, and then screw on the blind cap on the back of the pen. Then you're ready to write. It's essentially a "poor man's piston filler."

Attachments

• DSC_0785.jpg
    DSC_0785.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC_0786.jpg
    DSC_0786.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_0788.jpg
    DSC_0788.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 145
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marcros

that is a very nice pen indeed.

I am new to kitless pens, and have only made a couple of cartridge/converter fountain pens. Do you modify the feed when using a different filling system? My next step will be an eyedropper filler if that is relevant to my question.

jalbert

that is a very nice pen indeed.

I am new to kitless pens, and have only made a couple of cartridge/converter fountain pens. Do you modify the feed when using a different filling system? My next step will be an eyedropper filler if that is relevant to my question.

I've never had to modify a feed before when using a non-C/C filling system. I believe filling systems that require breather tubes may require some modification, but there's definitely nothing extra required with an eyedropper.

magpens

VERY lovely pen, John !!!!

Did you make the components for the syringe ?

Does anyone besides BTW sell the water series of blanks ?

Last edited:

jalbert

VERY lovely pen, John !!!!

Did you make the components for the syringe ?

Does anyone besides BTW sell the water series of blanks ?

Thanks Mal. I made all components except the nib unit. As far as I know, Beartooth is the only ones that sells the water blanks. Exotic has/had some called "lucitylic" blanks in various colors at one point that were essentially the same thing I believe.

Top Bottom