Green Stripes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from creativewriting

Well I had another magnet and wanted a second crack at the magnetic cap. The cap is drilled within 1/8th of the end, the magnet is inserted, then the cap is threaded and plugged with another piece of aluminum. The nib is tool steel. I intentionally made the nib section longer so it distributed the weight through the center. I will probably round the end of the nib, but for now it's fine. I used a set screw in the end to allow for slight adjustments. I tried several refills and noticed each was slightly different in length. A quick turn on the screw and the refill is tight.

I wanted to experiment with some jewelry enamel I picked up so I turned groves in the cap and body, filled with green enamel, and let set. Next time I will go a little deeper with the grove to allow for a thicker layer on enamel.

I would like to add a clip somehow so any suggestions on doing so would be appreciated. The pen is feels great and is also a lot of fun at meetings. Laying on a table the cap will close if it gets within an inch of the pen:)

Attachments

• IMG_3951.jpg
    IMG_3951.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3953.jpg
    IMG_3953.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3952.jpg
    IMG_3952.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3954.jpg
    IMG_3954.jpg