Green ripple ebonite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redwd707

redwd707

Kitless #4. Green ripple ebonite from IPD with Bock #5 nib and feed. Im really happy with this one, although of course it still has a few flaws. Finally got a grip section done where everything fits perfectly (woohoo!). Learning new things can be fun!:tongue:
Without this forum I never would have even attempted this. It's easy to be inspired and stay humble around here!
Questions, comments, critisizms welcome, thanks for looking.:biggrin:

(p.s. sorry for the bad pics)

Attachments

• grnrppl01.jpg
    grnrppl01.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 258
  • grnrppl02.jpg
    grnrppl02.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 276
  • grnrppl03.jpg
    grnrppl03.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 211
  • grnrppl04.jpg
    grnrppl04.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 185
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gilrock

Beautiful kitless pen!

I need to make a cap like that for my first kitless...so if you don't mind sharing how you embed the clip I'd love to hear the process. I'm curious if that top piece can be unscrewed...

Gil

redwd707

Thanks very much, everyone!
No, the cap finial does not unscrew. It's epoxied on, so alignment was not too difficult! :tongue:
The method Textdurango posted in Advanced Penmaking is much better than mine. It's much cooler and more professional looking when the components unscrew as in his technique.
since you asked, this is an attempt to descibe it.
I turned the cap closed end with a peg/tenon on top sized to fit the clip ring. Small groove around the peg so the ring is recessed. Turn a little "hat" to fit over it. Snap the hat on to the cap body and sand as one piece. Cut the notch for the clip to stick out and glue it up. Keep in mind I'm just making this up as I go along, and I'm not necessarily endorsing this method, just answering questions.:bulgy-eyes::wink:

Here's the clip straight on.

Attachments

• strtonclip.JPG
    strtonclip.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 96
Top Bottom