Green n' Gold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is a green and gold celluloid solid end pen that I turned this week during a club demo with the Golden Horseshoe Woodturners Guild.

I am enjoying turning solid ended pens now, I was a bit surprised that this blank was some what translucent enough to allow some tube to show through the celluloid, I thought it was dense enough...oh well.

200622111038_2006-02-19_125819_IMG_4382.jpg

20062211119_2006-02-19_125834_IMG_4381.jpg

I drilled this blank out so it could be configured as either a Gentlemen's roller ball or fountain pen. Critiques are all welcome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terrymiller

The colors are really nice together and the closed end is really nice.. I'm gonna have to try one of these. I think these colors would look good with the Black Ti as well.

wood-of-1kind

Another beauty, eh.

I'm just as impressed that you got some shop time in Jim. I chickened out since I could not bear the cold of my unheated shop during the past weekend. Nice to see some of your fine work again.

-Peter-[:D]

clewless

Jim- Funny that we both picked the same blank out of the pile at the same time. This is my first with a separate cap. When it's closed, I perceive a slight banana shape, but my wife thinks its an optical delusion of mine.[:eek:)]

20062215410_celluoid1.jpg
<br />

UKpenmaker

Very nice pen Jim, the kit goes very well with that blank.
I know what you mean with the tube the exact same thing happened to me, you are sure that the blank is dense enough, but you can only see it isn't whn your finished[xx(].

Originally posted by clewless
<br />Jim- Funny that we both picked the same blank out of the pile at the same time. This is my first with a separate cap. When it's closed, I perceive a slight banana shape, but my wife thinks its an optical delusion of mine.[:eek:)]

20062215410_celluoid1.jpg
<br />

Hi Joe,

Great pen! That blank would look so great on so many kits!![:)][:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom