Green Mountain meets South Pacific PITH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GoodTurns

GoodTurns

Made it's way from Norfolk Island's Home Depot to the green mountain state via beautiful downtown Bowie Maryland....

When Landon announced PINE, my second thought was, I have a piece of wood labeled pine down here somewhere.....found a small Norfolk Island Pine log that was never going to make it to it's original destination of a translucent bowl (man's got to know his limitations!), so it became pen blanks....some of which have FANTASTIC eyes in them. The blanks got the same treatment they would if you were making a translucent NIP bowl, soaked in "mystery solution", dried, soaked again to impregnate the wood with finishing oil. I have a couple other blanks that I prepped at the same time, I hope they come out as nice. I was very happy with how this turned out...and just as happy to send it off to a gentleman I consider a friend! Enjoy Alton!

Attachments

• pithtease2.jpg
    pithtease2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Pith alton.jpg
    Pith alton.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 324
  • pith2.jpg
    pith2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 344
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

ZOMG! I love the pen! Especially that eye. You could seriously put it on a black stand and point it at people as they walk by, and they'll assume Sauron's commanding them to do your bidding!

robutacion

I like it, in fact I like it very much...!:biggrin:

I wish more people would use Pine woods for their pens, there are so many varieties and some are/have excellent properties to make pens with, such as the pen you made.

It takes some care and skill to turn that knot and not blow it off but, with a little care, anything is possible and you just prove that, beautiful piece of wood and pen...!

Cheers
George

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Jon and I have done a few deals and when I saw he was my partner, I knew I could expect something out of the park. And it was. Thanks Jon, until the next time.

ZOMG! I love the pen! Especially that eye. You could seriously put it on a black stand and point it at people as they walk by, and they'll assume Sauron's commanding them to do your bidding!

wow, so I don't know what's worse/geekier...that you said this or that I understand it

nice pen!

Top Bottom