Green and Gold Jr. Gent.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I was asked to put together a nice Pen to be used for the signing of a Birthday Book, :cake: it is for a retired Sargent from our department who is turning 70. The Blank is the Midas Touch from Beartooth Woods on a Jr Gent kit.
Any Comments appreciated, Thanks for Looking!!

Attachments

• Green and Gold 006.jpg
    Green and Gold 006.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Green and Gold 007.jpg
    Green and Gold 007.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 199
  • Green and Gold 016.jpg
    Green and Gold 016.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Green and Gold 017.jpg
    Green and Gold 017.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 140
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxman400

Thanks every one for the positive feed back. This was my first Jr Gent and I had a major issue with it. When I pressed in the center band the tube was scraping the clear coat off so I stopped to clear it away and when I went to press it home it did not move instead the center band blew out (crushed)on the side. While trying to remove the center band, it would not come out either instead the glue gave way and the entire tube came out. So to complete this Pen I had to use two kits. I contacted the place I got it from, and their answer was "to send me a copy if the instructions" and inform me that no one else has had any problems.

jskeen

Hmmm, not exactly the greatest customer service, but that's sorta how it tends to go when a single importer has a monopoly on something. As for the problem, Did you chamfer the inside of the tube and make for positive that there was not a trail of CA down the inside? Sounds like either a burr on the inside edge of the tube or something foreign on the inside. I guess it's possible that the black nylon insert being a little crooked might do it too.

maxman400

Hmmm, not exactly the greatest customer service, but that's sorta how it tends to go when a single importer has a monopoly on something. As for the problem, Did you chamfer the inside of the tube and make for positive that there was not a trail of CA down the inside? Sounds like either a burr on the inside edge of the tube or something foreign on the inside. I guess it's possible that the black nylon insert being a little crooked might do it too.

(I guess it's possible that the black nylon insert being a little crooked might do it too).[/quote]
This is one of the things that I pointed out to them, This Is all metal it does not have a black nylon insert (as the directions says it does)

jskeen

(I guess it's possible that the black nylon insert being a little crooked might do it too).
This is one of the things that I pointed out to them, This Is all metal it does not have a black nylon insert (as the directions says it does)[/QUOTE]

Wait a second, All Metal? as in the female threads inside the cap are metal? You got a picture of that crushed one by chance? I'm curious just what that looks like.

JimMc7

Great looking pen! Did you paint the blank or tubes?

I'd be interested in info re kit parts, too as I've never seen a JGII w/o the black nylon cap thread insert.

louisbry

Actually Rockler sells the Jr. Gent now too. By the way, a beautiful pen.

maxman400

This is one of the things that I pointed out to them, This Is all metal it does not have a black nylon insert (as the directions says it does)

Wait a second, All Metal? as in the female threads inside the cap are metal? You got a picture of that crushed one by chance? I'm curious just what that looks like.[/quote]

Sure here it is, And thanks every one for the great comments and support.

Attachments

• Center band 002.jpg
    Center band 002.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Center band 003.jpg
    Center band 003.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 80
Top Bottom