Green Dragon Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redfishsc

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

This is the "green dragon" blank from Beartooth, but out of 5 blanks, this was the only one that looked this good. I can't believe I pulled off an Emperor with this slender blank (was less than 3/4").

greendragon_emperor.JPG

greendragon_emperor2.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I agree, the image of the pen and the background take away from the pen.

Nice work on getting that blank size on an Emp. The Emp needs a straight body to allow the clip to look right and also function properly.

I drill on the lathe and I can get a CSUSA celluloid 5/8 on a Jr Gent V II, try that one eh..[;)]

[:)]Just my opinion, I like a blank on the Emp that is more conservative or has strong vertical characteristics that support the visual of the hardware and does not compete with it, you did a great job, but not my first choice for a blank, but that just my thoughts...still a very nice pen[;)]

I have sold a fair number of Emp's, what sells most for me are amboyna burl, Gaboon ebony, Aternative Ivory (CSUSA) Berea Black AA 25 acrylic and Trustone, Blue Lapis, Red Jasper and White Web

GaryMGg

Call me crazy, but I actually like this photo! [:p]
To me this pen is busy enough to separate itself from the burl background
and the blank is strong enough to overcome the gold hardware.
I hope your market agrees and it finds a home quickly. [:D]

redfishsc

Originally posted by txbatons
<br />Nice pen. What's it sitting on? Looks like an enormous banana pudding with burned merangue topping. [;)]

Lol, it is a mallee burl cap (bark side).

Well, so far nearly everyone has commented more on the background than the pen, so I'll take that as a hint to use a more subtle background, lol.

Thanks for the comments, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom