Green Cactus and first full size Emporor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from el_d

el_d

Had some time to mess with the Lathe for a few weekends and had a chance to complete some pens that were sitting on my work bench waiting for me.

One of my favorite is a TurnTex special. I got this a while back but didn't have a kit that I could put it on. TBC and 4 coats of thin CA. Sanded with MM and buffed. A very rare Green cactus.....

I also got a chance to turn my first full size Emperor, Its a good size pen. Exotic Blanks trustone, with an Indypendance BOCK nib, fine point, I was gonna save this Emperor for myself but Need the extra sales at the moment. Ill have to get me another later. Sanded with MM and buffed.

Thanks for looking, C and C welcome and appreciated.(especially the criticism) :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Hi Lupe,

Thanks for the invite specially critical well I have news for you no such thing crossed my mind.

The PP is beautiful the crazed pattern of the Pear is fine on the cap end broader and more swirly on the lower, the pen is designed to be viewed closed only a mother could love the lower to nib shape of the metal, I long for the day when the kit taper is more attractive.

Conversely the fountain chrome to gold nib is quite interesting with IMHO almost a perfect shape closed as well. The subdued Turquoise allows the kit to express itself well, no overkill or bling effect.

When you photograph you seem to try spotlighting the centre of the pic it flares the pen somewhat in the second pen it works to your advantage.

It is difficult to concentrate on the pens with all your written presentation but I appreciate only two pics rather than four. Fun part is your mixing up the placement of your name, the pen material etc. Bear in mind I have just completed a session with a judge in a competitive Woodwork Competition where it is verboten to put up names etc so the judge only looks at the item itself and judges it for what it says.

Now I have broken my long held silence on Pen Kit design, Pen Design etc. Let me assure you your two pens display competence and delivery.

Kind regards,

Peter.

el_d

Thanks for the feed back Guys. :good:

I can get a little heavy handed on the font sometimes. I may need to find a way to add a watermark....:hypnotized:

SDB777

This reminds me, I got some of that cactus in the 'blank stash' that I need to turn...almost forgot how good it looks. Thanks for sharing yours!

Did you reverse paint the blank to get that color, or is the color imbedded in the blank?

Scott

el_d

This reminds me, I got some of that cactus in the 'blank stash' that I need to turn...almost forgot how good it looks. Thanks for sharing yours!

Did you reverse paint the blank to get that color, or is the color imbedded in the blank?

Scott

Thanks Scott.

That's a custom cast Turn Tex color. No reverse painting.

flyitfast

Good looking pens, Lupe.
That color of cactus is my favorite of the cactus blanks that Curtis makes.
I have made several of them and they always get compliments. I need to get somemore from him.
You made it shine with the kit you matched to it.
:good::good::good:
gordon

wizard

Beautiful Set !!

Lupe, Those are two very gorgeous pens symbolic of the Southwest.....hmmm..... I would like a closer view....so I can steal them from you!!:eek::biggrin: Outstanding job Lupe! Doc:)

Top Bottom