Green bowling ball pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from angboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

This Atlas pen is made from Hunter Green bowling ball material. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. At first, I had beads in the middle section- I had posted a ? about getting the gunky white diamond stuff out of the beads. People had great suggestions but nothing seemed to work. I thought I'd finally hit on something when I used toothbrush and toothpaste, but after a few days, the white gunk was visible again. I guess it's kind of like when you use whitener on your teeth- it just doesn't last. And I was starting to think every woodworker should have toothbrush and toothpaste in their shop, not for personal use, but for woodworking use! It did help some to clean up my denim pen blank! But I digress...

Anyway, I decided to just get rid of the beads, and was pretty happy with how it came out after going back and taking them off!

20061315657_Jan302006ASmall.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice work Angela. Interesting solution, I had the same prob w/ getting the white residue out of the bead crevices. At the request of Rifleman, I have entered it in the ugly pen contest. [:D]

angboy

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Angela,
Nice work and I love the color. What kind of beading did you do? I heard from someone you know last week. He seemed nice.
Rob

Thanks Rob. I use the Fred magic beading tool, if you're asking about that part of the beading.

My Dad is pretty nice- he comes by honestly, inherited it direct from me! It's a form of reverse genetics (that way I can take the credit!). [:D][}:)][:D][}:)]
And I think I'm lucky enough to get some of what you sent him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom